Mechanical Engineer – Industrial and Mining Systems
Full-Time • Timmins Region
J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a fully integrated, multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR's Timmins office is seeking a self-motivated, initiative-driven Mechanical Engineer with at least 10-15 years of experience in the industrial and mining sector. The ideal candidate will have sound technical knowledge and experience for a range of related subject matter, proven project management experience, and personal interest in the growth and prosperity of Northern Ontario. Join our team of employee-owners working together with our clients as partners, to realize respective goals on a variety of projects and challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working directly with engineers, technologists and specialist sub-consultants across all of JLR’s offices as an integrated, multidisciplinary Project Team;
- Engineering design, project management and contract administration to meet each client’s specific needs from concept to completion;
- Assisting senior staff with client relations and business development;
- Working with junior and intermediate staff in the application of engineering fundamentals including application and verification of related software tools;
- Carrying out, directing, and reporting on visits to client and construction sites;
- Liaising with designers to optimize general arrangements, equipment selection, piping, and ductwork layouts;
- Participating in the preparation of proposals for engineering services;
- Identifying and responding to client needs and regulatory requirements; and
- Mentoring designers and junior/intermediate engineers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution and current membership in PEO;
- Extensive experience with mechanical design, industrial systems and equipment, industrial ventilation and cooling, ducting and equipment, process piping, utility piping, gas piping, mine dewatering systems and pumping systems;
- Proven ability to apply engineering fundamentals to resolve new challenges;
- Proven ability to work with clients and contractors as partners to achieve goals and resolve conflicts;
- Effective communication both orally and in written form; ability to communicate in both English and French is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated mentoring ability;
- Project management and business development experience is considered an asset; and
- Driven self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment with people of varied backgrounds.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org