Mechanical Engineer – Industrial and Mining Systems
Full-Time • Timmins Region
J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned and a Canadian Best Managed Company. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR's Timmins office is seeking a self-motivated, initiative-driven Mechanical Engineer with at least 10-15 years of experience in the industrial and mining sector. The ideal candidate will have sound technical knowledge and experience for a range of related subject matter, proven project management experience, and personal interest in the growth and prosperity of Northern Ontario. Join our team of employee-owners working together with our clients as partners, to realize respective goals on a variety of projects and challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working directly with engineers, technologists and specialist sub-consultants across all of JLR’s offices as an integrated, multidisciplinary Project Team;
- Engineering design, project management and contract administration to meet each client’s specific needs from concept to completion;
- Assisting senior staff with client relations and business development;
- Working with junior and intermediate staff in the application of engineering fundamentals including application and verification of related software tools;
- Carrying out, directing, and reporting on visits to client and construction sites;
- Liaising with designers to optimize general arrangements, equipment selection, piping, and ductwork layouts;
- Participating in the preparation of proposals for engineering services;
- Identifying and responding to client needs and regulatory requirements; and
- Mentoring designers and junior/intermediate engineers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution and current membership in PEO;
- Extensive experience with mechanical design, industrial systems and equipment, industrial ventilation and cooling, ducting and equipment, process piping, utility piping, gas piping, mine dewatering systems and pumping systems;
- Proven ability to apply engineering fundamentals to resolve new challenges;
- Proven ability to work with clients and contractors as partners to achieve goals and resolve conflicts;
- Effective communication both orally and in written form; ability to communicate in both English and French is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated mentoring ability;
- Project management and business development experience is considered an asset; and
- Driven self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment with people of varied backgrounds.
We request that only candidates with the qualifications listed above respond to this opportunity. We look forward to and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org