Full-Time • Timmins Region
J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned and a Canadian Best Managed Company. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR's Timmins office is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Structural Technologist.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the production of construction documents for structural projects for industrial, commercial, and institutional clients;
- Assisting structural engineers and other technologists with project execution during all project phases;
- Coordinating with the architectural department, as well as other engineering departments on multidisciplinary projects;
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and other project stakeholders; and
- Travelling between JLR offices for training purposes and to meet the needs of various projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Civil, Structural, or Architectural Technology Diploma from a recognized post-secondary school;
- OACETT designation or eligibility for designation as a C.E.T.;
- Proficiency in the current versions of AutoCAD and Revit;
- Proficiency in the current version of Microstation would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of building codes, building materials (reinforced concrete and structural steel, in particular), and construction techniques;
- Familiarity with the design methodology of structures such as foundations, buildings, bridges, and heavy equipment support structures;
- Sound understanding of drafting principles and standards;
- Ability to produce quality deliverables and to monitor project tasks;
- Excellent analytic, oral, and written communication skills;
- Driven self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Willingness to travel for project assignments and training opportunities as required; and
- Valid driver’s license.
We request that only candidates with the qualifications listed above respond to this opportunity. We look forward to and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
Application Instructions: Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com