#19-79 Student Success Advisor
Contract • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: Student
STATUS: Temporary Leave Replacement (Appendix D)
CLASSIFICATION: Support - Payband H
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately to March 31, 2020
SALARY: $31.37/hr to $36.42/hr (35 hrs/wk)
STARTING SALARY: $31.37/hr
CLOSING DATE: December 9, 2019
DIVISION: Student Services
COMPETITION #: 19-79
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment
to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our
staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful
opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our
friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal
growth as well.
- Reporting to the Campus Manager, the incumbent, as part of the Advising Services team, provides services to all students seeking guidance and support.
- Provide student support to WSIB sponsored students from application/registration to graduation.
- Provide support services such as social, career, personal and academic guidance as well as referral services to prospective, current and transferring students as needed.
- Provide clear, accurate and concise information to students, staff, faculty and others connected with Northern College.
- Responsible for tracking student progress/grades, developing learning plans and reporting on these issues as necessary.
- Advising one-on-one or group conflict resolution and mediation for peer and student-staff issues as needed.
- Guide, advocate and support students through various academic procedures (including appeals when needed) and ensuring that College policies and guidelines are followed.
- Promote all Northern College programs and services.
- Establish services that offer support to students that provide them the best opportunity to succeed.
2-year diploma in a Human
Services field such as Social Work or Indigenous Studies.
· Minimum of 3 years related experience. A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered.
· The ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision is essential.
· Computer proficiency is a requirement with knowledge of current programs.
· The successful candidate will be expected to work in a fast-paced environment with varying degrees of activity.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern
College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the
Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.