20-66 Payroll Specialist
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 20-66 Payroll Specialist
STATUS: Full time
CLASSIFICATION: Administration, Payband 9
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $ 65,553.00/yr - $ 84,443.00/yr
CAMPUS: Timmins with College wide responsibilities
STARTING SALARY: $ 65,553.00/yr
CLOSING DATE: October 22, 2020
DIVISION: Human Resources Services
COMPETITION #: 20-66
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Under the direction of the Human Resource Generalist, the incumbent is responsible for managing all of the operational requirements of the College’s payroll production environment and for providing support and information to all employee groups. This involves the preparation and analysis of accurate and timely reporting of employee information, costs, statement of earnings, and remittances. This requires extensive in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Revenue Canada Regulations, Employment Standards, Income Tax, Canada Pension and Employment Insurance, Pension, HR Management Resources Guide, Ministry, Collective Agreements and College procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all financial controls are in place including account reconciliations, internal and external audit controls and calendar and fiscal year end activities;
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of all business processes through technology and best practices;
- Developing and implementing progressive policies/procedures/strategies and contributing to the development of departmental goals and objectives by providing appropriate input into plans and budgets.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent must possess the following:
- 3-year College Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources, or Accounting;
- Minimum seven years of similar work experience;
- Canadian Payroll Association designation or equivalent courses are an asset;
- Experience in payroll administration/accounting,
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel is required;
- Knowledge of accounting principles is required;
- Ability to manage team priorities in a payroll production environment to ensure the payroll is delivered accurately and on time;
- Analytical skills including financial analysis;
- Excellence in business communications and customer service;
The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
To apply, please email a covering letter (quoting Competition #) and a current resume including your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.