2021-042 Mushkegowuk Terrestrial Region Manager
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION: Mushkegowuk Terrestrial Region Manager
DEPARTMENT: Lands & Resources
COMPETITION #: 2021-042
LOCATION: Timmins, ON
CLOSING DATE: October 27, 2021 @ 4:00 PM
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Mushkegowuk Council is looking for a highly motivated individual to begin working with communities on developing a strategy to secure Terrestrial Conservation in the Mushkegowuk Traditional territory. The strategy will be community led and the Manager will project manage extensive engagement to developing a strategy that will fit well with all involved. He/she will work with Mushkegowuk communities, Federal and Ontario government ministries (Parks Canada and Environment Climate Change Canada, Ontario Ministry of Environment, MNRF, MNDM), NGOs as well as with other stakeholders on behalf of the Omushkego in making this project a reality.
• Post-secondary degree in a subject relevant to the Project or a combination of education and related work experience.
• Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience in high level negotiations with governments.
• Demonstrated experience working with governments and also with First Nation Communities
• Knowledge of Mushkegowuk history, traditional lands and communities.
• Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Proven experience developing messages on complex issues to support media outreach.
• Proven ability to set priorities, complete work and meet deadlines.
• Proven exceptional ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Experience in the practice of project management.
• Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience developing communications for diverse communities preferred.
• Willing to Travel
• Driver’s license required
• Able to speak Cree is a considerable asset
Job Description available upon request
SUBMIT RESUME AND THREE (3) RECENT WORK REFERENCES with their phone numbers and e-mails, quoting Competition# 2021-042 no later than 4:00 PM on October 27, 2021 to:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 370
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
Resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-2293