21-50 Chief Information Officer and IT Director
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 21-50 Chief Information Officer and IT Director
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Staff, Payband 15
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 2021
SALARY: $ 112,299.00 - $ 149,732.00
CAMPUS: College-wide/ Virtual
STARTING SALARY: $ 112,299.00
CLOSING DATE: July 30th, 2021
DIVISION: President’s Office
COMPETITION #: 21-50
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the incumbent provides vision, leadership, direction, and management, along with strategic and human resource planning, in the Information Technology and Institutional Research departments, as well as leading the Digital Transformation initiatives. The successful incumbent will:
- Maintain responsibility for budget preparation and for leadership, direction and development of technology staff;
- Provide leadership for implementation and maintenance of Northern College’s digital strategy, including development of technology standards, institutional research, establishment of technology–based strategic partnership with business, industry, other educational institutions and/or government funders;
- implement and maintain a five-year plan for a digital transformation, including implementation processes and costing models;
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the development, enhancement and ongoing management of Institutional Research;
- Interpret, plan, organize, perform and communicate a comprehensive service of institutional research and reporting which stimulates and strengthens the college’s decision making, problem solving and planning processes; and
- Plan, install and operate all corporate information technology systems and functions of the College, including, hardware platforms, local and wide-area networks, operating systems, desktop applications, computing and telecommunications infrastructures, internet applications, and delivery of services, policy development and implementation, and liaising with partners as they relate to Northern College.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Education or a related field;
- Minimum 13 years’ experience in managing information technology and people, with increasing responsibility or senior positions in a complex work environment;
- Experience in the managing of complex networks and systems, including student registration, learning management systems, payroll systems etc.;
- Excellent management and communication skills;
- A client service focus is required;
- Knowledge of current technologies and systems methodologies, with an emphasis on cyber security.
- Understanding of the application of technology to pedagogy; and
- Understanding of network architecture, computers, software, telecommunications, AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Help Desk software.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be