21-63 Various Trades Instructors
Part-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: 21-63 Various Trades Instructors
STATUS: Temporary Part-time
CLASSIFICATION: Academic Employee
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: To be determined
CAMPUS: Timmins / Kirkland Lake/Various Communities
STARTING SALARY: To be determined
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
DIVISION: Northern Training Division
COMPETITION #: 21-63
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible employees of Northern College include competitive salaries and a defined-benefit pension plan.
Northern College is seeking qualified professionals to teach a variety of courses in various trades programs including, but not limited to Millwright, Welding, Plumbing, Heavy Duty Equipment, Automotive, Construction, Carpentry, and Electrical as well as other customized community based training programs. The successful incumbents will:
- Create a positive teaching and learning environment, using a variety of strategies and materials in the multi-modal delivery of courses;
- Commit to student success, professional development and demonstrate capacity for leadership in a multi-cultural organization; and
- Ensure currency and relevance of the teaching material and assessment techniques.
The incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Relevant training, and/or certifications;
- 10 years of relevant experience;
- A combination of education and experience may be considered; and
- Teaching experience would be considered an asset.
The incumbent may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted