Contract • Timmins Region
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch is currently recruiting an Accounting Assistant for its Timmins office
In keeping with the Mission, Vision, Values of the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch (CMHA-CT), the Accounting Assistant ensures the production of reliable accounting records and initiates and maintains an efficient accounts payable system which integrates effectively with the general ledger and accounts receivable systems.
1. College diploma with course study in accounting;
2. Minimum three years’ experience in accounting;
3. Working knowledge of accounting software (Accpac preferred);
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, i.e., MS Word, Excel;
5. Ability to work independently and in a team;
6. Acute attention to detail;
7. Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
8. Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced, often pressured, environment;
9. The ability to provide services according to a work schedule determined by the employer and according to the needs of the organization.
Bilingualism considered an asset.
Hourly Rate: $24.89 - $29.28
For a complete job description, please contact Human Resources by e-mail at email@example.com. This is a temporary full-time position, located in Timmins. We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.CMHA Cochrane-Timiskaming actively seeks candidates who are First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and urban Indigenous; Francophone; Black and racialized; members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities; trans and nonbinary; and disabled.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CMHA-CT has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from CMHA-CT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview.