Accounts Payable Clerk
Full-Time • Timmins Region
(Financial Services Department)
(Competition No.: FIN-2020-04)
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Finance, receive and check all invoices from suppliers against purchase order and material receipt forms.
- Responsible for processing payments via Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) and cheques
- Scan all invoices and receipt documents into LaserFiche folders
- Check invoices with value of purchase orders and investigate any discrepancies
- Invoices subject to discounts are to be processed weekly
- Check for errors on Edit Listing and enter all corrections before processing
- Handle vendor inquiries and complaints
- Ensure proper documentation is received to process payment of invoices
- Reconcile vendor statements with Accounts Payable records
- Reconcile the accounts payable balance in the general ledger to the unpaid invoice report monthly
- Participate in and support the City’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP), by identifying opportunities for improvements in City processes with the aim of making processes as efficient as possible
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Two-year Community College Diploma in Business Administration
- Two years bookkeeping and experience in computerized financial systems
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organization skills
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check required
SALARY BAND LEVEL 4 - $24.50/hr. to $28.83/hr. (2020) In accordance with CUPE Local 434 agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. the closing date of October 30, 2020.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.