Acting Executive Director
Contract • Timmins Region
Acting Executive Director
One Year Contract
(With Possible Extension)
Competition Number: TADHF #1
Posting Date: October 11, 2018
Application Deadline: November 22018
Location: Timmins, ON
The Timmins and District Hospital Foundation (TADHF) is an accredited charity, formed to support the Timmins and District Hospital (TADH) by raising funds for medical equipment, beyond funding available from government sources.
Since 1985, the TADHF has transferred more than $41 Million to the TADH, providing funds essential to ensure our hospital and healthcare teams can deliver the best in specialized care to patients in the district.
Our ultimate goal, with the assistance of our donors, our volunteers, hospital staff and health care professionals is to provide the best health care to our community.
About the Position
Leading a team of two staff, the Acting Executive Director (ED) is accountable through the Chair of the Timmins and District Hospital Foundation Board of Directors for strategic, operational and financial management leadership of the Foundation to advance philanthropic support. The AED will raise the profile of the Foundation and build awareness in the community to make TADH the preferred destination for charitable giving while broadening and deepening relationships with current donors. The AED is responsible for building and maintaining effective relationships between the TADHF and its internal stakeholders (including the Hospital’s Board of Directors, senior leadership, hospital staff, professional staff and volunteers), key external stakeholders (including prospects and donors) and the community at large.
Reporting & Relationships
- Reports to the Foundation Board Chair
- This position has two direct reports
Compensation & Benefits
We offer remuneration commensurate with experience, and in accordance with our established salary guidelines.
· Raise Funds: Design, plan, implement, and execute diversified fund development programs that significantly increase funds received. Support, lead and participate in cultivation and solicitation of major gifts. Develop and maintain a program of recognition of donors which encourages prospects to continue support of the foundation at similar or increased level of support.
· Manage relationships with key stakeholders: Build close and effective relationships internally (the Boards, Medical staff, Hospital staff, Auxiliary) and externally (donors and prospects, the community, general public) in order to enhance short- and long-term philanthropic support of the Timmins and District Hospital.
· Provide Leadership: Stabilize and provide exemplary, inspirational leadership to a dedicated team of professionals. Ensure the effective recruitment, development, performance and support of human resource needs of the Foundation including staff, Board members, and volunteers.
· Oversee administration: Direct all Foundation administrative functions including executing the strategic plan, budgets and financials, and ensuring fiduciary compliance. Being responsible to the board for taking such actions considered necessary to ensure compliance with the Acts and Articles of Incorporation, Letters Patent, foundation bylaws and policies established by the board, and all other statutory and regulatory requirements.
· Support governance: Work closely with, communicate to, and support the efforts of the Board in regards to fundraising and community relationships as well as policy development, and ensure accountability, transparency and appropriate risk management.
· Strengthen the community profile: Keep abreast of developments in fundraising and foundation management; and participate actively and as appropriate in the growing profile of the Foundation and discourse on healthcare at the local, provincial and national levels.
· Execute a clearly-articulated fundraising plan and execution plan, to achieve fundraising goals and the Foundation strategic priorities.
· While keeping the Board well-informed of progress, work closely with Hospital leadership to identify the case for support to inform the development of Foundation strategy and fundraising plans inclusive of substantive targets and corresponding budgets, materials, etc.
· Quickly earn the confidence of all stakeholders including the Foundation Board and staff, Hospital leadership, medical staff and staff, current and prospective donors, volunteers, community partners, public and media.
· Harness the incredible passion, dedication and efforts of all staff and develop the Board’s capacity to engage, as appropriate, in the philanthropic mission of the Foundation to strengthen results.
· Through gaining an understanding of the history and the community within which the foundation operates, continue to build the Foundation’s brand locally and widely through formal and informal efforts, engaging fully in the community.
· Work closely with Foundation staff to ensure clarity of purpose and role, and support their ongoing professional development and career planning needs.
· An exceptional leader with demonstrated successful relationship building skills, who has the ability to sell the value proposition of the Foundation.
· A sincere passion and joy of successful closing of fundraising asks or sales.
· An experienced, successful, hands-on fundraiser who brings a depth and breadth of proven capability and technical skill across all phases of the fundraising life cycle, all categories of donors, and all types of fundraising activity at a community level as well as regionally.
· Post-secondary degree in a related field
· Related professional certification (CFRE is preferred)
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar senior management role required
· Proven experience working effectively with not for profit Boards to develop and implement strategic and operational plans required
· Demonstrated experience in developing fundraising plans, budgets, work plans and performance reports required
· Proven experience and success in donor acquisition and setting and achieving fundraising targets through individual and corporate giving required
· Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising from multiple donor channels including major gifts, planned giving and corporate sponsorships, direct mail, special events required
· Experience running successful capital campaigns required
· Experience developing and implementing effective communication plans including experience using social media
· Strong leadership skills with a track record of inspiring and motivating others to achieve success
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
· Commitment to quality and attention to detail
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Proven financial and analytical abilities
· Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations
· Excellent customer service skills
. Bilingualism an asset
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge fundraising software
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one file by October 26, 2018 at 4:30pm to Gilles Chartrand, Board Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach the appropriate person:
- Your name
- TADHF Acting Executive Director
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax, mail or drop-off applications please—and request that you do not phone.
All applicants will receive an email response confirming receipt of their application submission.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the Timmins and District Hospital Foundation.