Align Boring Technician
Full-Time • Timmins Region
At The Bucket Shop, we’re driven to be the company of choice for the fabrication of new or refurbished equipment components, wear products, and mobile fleet solutions, to the earth-moving business segment, in the geographic areas that we serve. We seek to support our client mandates to improve their equipment lifecycles, reduce operating costs, increase productivity, and delivery innovative options.
Reporting to the Shop Foreman, the Welder/Align Boring Technician will work in conjunction with other staff on the job site including but not limited to other contractors & mine staff, to meet the needs of our valued customers.
- Minimum 1-2 years of direct Align Boring experience PLUS a combination of other related experience
- High school Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Solid Interpersonal Skills with the ability to work in an environment that requires flexibility
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Lock Out / Tag Out, Overhead Crane Training and WHMIS.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all time.
KEY TASKS & DUTIES:
- Setup Buckets and Bogies boring Align Boring Operations
- Setup Align Boring Equipment (B&D AM1424 Align Boring System)
- Ensure Machines Inner Bores are free from cuttings and debris
- Setup, Align and Weld Mini Bores using the BOA bore repair system
- Cut Bores and hone to A Tolerance of 0.001”.
- Tear Down, Maintain and Clean All Align Boring Equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW).
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Job Variety & Creativity
- Day Shift 6:00am-2:30pm X 5 Days / Week
- Afternoon Shift 2:00pm-12:30am X 4 Days / Week
Salary Range ($27.00 - $37.00 per hour) is based on skills, experience and qualifications.
All qualified candidates should forward a resume to the attention of Hannah Morin, Human Resource Generalist at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.thebucketshop.ca/careers/ to submit your application/resume.