ASSISTANT CURATOR (Timmins Museum: NEC) (Competition #: CDS-2021-03)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Reporting to the Director/Curator, the Assistant Curator is responsible for the collections management system for the museum; this includes accessioning, cataloguing, conserving and storing all artifacts, archival material and artwork for the museum.
• Manage the compilation of clear and accurate records of the collection as per the museum’s Registration Process
• Maintain and update permanent gallery exhibits
• Populate and maintain the PastPerfect collections management system
• Fulfill research requests for the general public
• Supervise and monitor the museum attendants
• A university degree in art history, curatorial studies, museum studies, visual arts or related discipline
• A minimum of four years related experience in a museum
• Proven supervisory capabilities and experience in a unionized environment
• Demonstrated success in program management and experience in short and long-term program planning
• Knowledge of and respect for the ethical and operational protocols of a public museum
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and report writing skills
• Fluent in both official languages would be an asset
• Clear and current Criminal Record Check with a vulnerable sector screening
SALARY LEVEL 106: $68,705 - $82,428 (2021)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of April 30, 2021.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Ph.: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.