ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CARE (GOLDEN MANOR) (Competition No.: GM-2020-26)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CARE
(Competition No.: GM-2020-26)
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) participates in the planning, coordinating,supervising and leading of nursing care services within our 177-bed long-term care facility.
· In collaboration with the Director of Care (DOC), is responsible for effective day-to-day operations of clinical services
including: monitoring of required clinical programs (i.e. Skin and Wound, Continence Care, Pain Management, Fall
Prevention, RAI MDS, Nursing Rehab & Restorative Care), daily management of staffing and resident assignments;
probationary evaluation of new hires, and performance management of designated staff
· Provides effective supervision of front-line clinical staff by maintaining an active presence on the units, to ensure care
meets compliance requirements under the Long Term Care Act (LTCA), the Residents’ Bill of Rights, applicable
legislation and regulations, the Golden Manor’s and City of Timmins Policies & Procedures, and is according to
individual plans of care for residents
· Coordinates all Pharmacy activities within the Home
· Demonstrates leadership in coordinating activities related to attaining and maintaining Accreditation status.
· Provides guidance and oversight for the Resident Application and Admission process
· Identifies areas of improvement for staff development and works with the Director of Care to ensure overall
effectiveness of training by acting as the program lead for orientation, in-service education, and on-the-job training as
· Counsels, guides and mentors staff performance in areas of non-compliance, ensuring issues are reviewed,
addressed and resolved effectively and efficiently, implementing progressive discipline when necessary
· Works collaboratively with the Director of Care on special projects, reviews, investigations, policy and procedure
development and implementation, and performs other duties as assigned
· Represents the Golden Manor on various committees both internally and externally as appropriate
· Assumes responsibility for the nursing care department in the absence of the Director of Care
· As a member of the Supervisor team, participates on the weekly after-hour on-call roster
· Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred, or equivalent relevant long-term care experience.
· Post-RN education in nursing administration, leadership or management and further education in gerontology;
· Minimum of 3 years of proven leadership experience in a Long Term Care setting
· Sound leadership and management/supervisory skills with the ability to interpret/apply employment policies &
collective agreements and resolve or manage issues that may arise
· Experience in leading quality improvement projects consistent with the City of Timmins Continuous Improvement
· Functional knowledge of the LTCH Act, Resident Quality Inspection and Accreditation processes
· Self-motivated, results focused and able to follow through on initiatives effectively and efficiently
· Proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including word processing, and Microsoft Office applications
and database management
· Functional knowledge of RAI MDS, Point Click Care and EMAR
· Must provide a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen
· Bilingual in French and English an asset
SALARY LEVEL 109: $91,419 - $109,673 (2020)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. the closing date of October 30, 2020.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685 VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to
applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.