AUTOMOTIVE TIRE TECHNICIAN
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Company: Fountain Tire Ltd. (Timmins)
Business information:Timmins Fountain Tire provides the best quality tires and auto repair services
Business Location: 2090 Riverside Drive, Timmins, ON, P4R 0A2
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
· Repair and balance tires. Install, balance, rotate, and repair passenger and light truck tires, and wheels as directed by assigned work order in a safe and efficient manner; this includes ensuring all tires and wheels are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth and damage as per inspection form and documented accordingly, adhering to required torque specifications, and new tires are cleaned and stickers are removed.
· Provide on-site services
· Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed
· Reset and repair tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS).
· Maintain tire service equipment on a regularly schedules basis; this includes tire balancing equipment, tire changing equipment, compressors/air equipment and hydraulic equipment, and understanding and adhering to safe operation of all equipment
· Complete specialty tire work, which could include studding, retread, run flat, nitrogen, etc.
· Ensure all equipment, tools and supplies are returned in good working condition to proper location
· Operate company and customer vehicles in a clean and safe manner, this includes having the appropriate vehicle license using proper barriers to maintain vehicle cleanliness, and ensuring equipment and loads in company vehicles are safely secured for transportation
· Support customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries
· Assist in inventory management through documentation processes and annual inventory counts
· Participate in all safe/ initiatives, as required or assigned, to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire
· Special projects and other duties as assigned
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
· Physically demanding
· Manual dexterity
· Hand-eye co-ordination
· Bending, crouching, kneeling
· Attention to detail
-Education: No formal education is required
-Experience: No experience is required. Training will be provided
-Heavy lifting may be required up to 45kg(100lbs)
- Must possess valid driver's licence permitting the independent operation of a passenger vehicle
- Clean Driver's Abstract
-Basic computer skills to successfully complete required learning and safety courses
-Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, organization, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers (good communication, and interpersonal skills).
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour, 44-48 Hours per week
- Extended Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Transportation to work sites
- Transportation costs covered if worker needs relocation.
Important Information: Work schedule is from 08:00 AM to 17:30 PM Monday to Friday. 08:00 AM to 12:00 PM Saturday.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 2090 RIVERSIDE DRIVE, TIMMINS, ON, P4R 0A2
Contact’s name: Danielle Russell