Bilingual Settlement Worker
Contract • Timmins Region
Bilingual Settlement Worker: Intake, Settlement and Outreach
Based in Timmins with regular travel to outlying areas
16 month Contact position- Maternity leave cover
Start Date: April 06th, 2020
$21.21 per hour, 35 hours per week
- To provide front-line settlement services in both official languages, including reception, needs assessment, referral to community resources, information and orientation, solution-focused counselling, job search assistance and service bridging.
- Facilitate translation and interpretation services.
- To assist and support clients on and off site and facilitate access in matters of education, employment, family, finances, housing, immigration, citizenship, health, human rights, legal matters and community orientation.
- To develop and implement effective outreach strategies that include client service in outlying areas.
- To build, promote and maintain strong community partnerships.
- Work with other staff to develop special events designed to make the city a welcoming place for immigrants and increase the exposure of the Multicultural Centre.
- To facilitate information sessions and workshops in both official languages with other local service providers, stakeholders and/or volunteers.
- To attend professional development, make presentations and conduct interviews in both official languages and travel as necessary.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge on legislation and policies affecting recent immigrants and ensure that immigrants are aware of its availability.
- To ensure the maintenance, accuracy and up-keep of all client and volunteer files and records and maintain a computer database that will record all client and volunteer contacts and activities in a timely manner.
- To recruit, screen, train, support and recognize volunteers.
- To establish and monitor appropriate connections between clients and volunteers, both individual ad in a group setting.
- Collect feedback from participants and respond as appropriate.
- Develop additional volunteer opportunities and professional development as needs arise.
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-Secondary qualifications in the Social Services field
- Extensive knowledge of community services in the District of Cochrane
- Fluent in English and French
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and experience driving in all weather.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter by noon on March 27th, 2020 to:
North Bay & District Multicultural Centre
100 Main Street E. North Bay, ON P1B 1A8 • Fax: 705-495-6747
100 Main Street East, North Bay ON P1B 1A8• t (705) 495-8931 • f (705) 495-6747 • www.nbdmc.ca