Business Development Officer
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Venture Centre/Le Centre de développement
requires a dynamic, bilingual, individual with strong relationship skills and business acumen to fill the position of Business Development Officer. Reporting to the Executive Director, the employee will advise on issues involving the investment portfolio and provide guidance and support to the Investment Committee. In addition, the employee will work on behalf of the Venture Centre, with community partners to plan project initiatives that will enhance the business sectors in Timmins, Gogama, Foleyet, Mattagami First Nation, Shining Tree and Biscotasing.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE
· Administer the Investment Fund as per the organization’s policies
· Provide information to clients and perform intake for applications and proposed funding
· Act as a referral point for clients to service providers in the area
· Assist clients in the business planning process
· Prepare necessary documentation for credit approvals
· Monitor client financial statements
· Responsible for some aspects of community development as it relates to business development
· Organize marketing campaign to promote loan and business counselling services throughout
· Administer loan records
· Assist with client aftercare service
· Prepare for and attend job and trade fairs
· Prepare and deliver business support presentations as required.
· Other duties as assigned by the board or Executive Director
· Related Post-Secondary education ( Business and/or strong relevant business experience
· Experience with and understanding of developmental lending.
· Excellence in researching, evaluating and developing business plans.
· Working knowledge of computers and office software programs such as Microsoft Office
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to work effectively with fellow staff and board members, clients, government representatives as well as financial and other institutions.
· Ability to deliver customer service in French and English essential
· Valid Drivers License
Please submit applications by 4:30pm, Thursday, August 22nd 2019 via email to: email@example.com