Business Process Improvement Specialist
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Business Process Improvement Specialist
Porcupine Gold Mines
We are seeking an individual to support continuous improvement initiatives and lead change at Porcupine Gold Mines. The Business Process Improvement Specialist will also support the development of a sustainable culture of execution and continuous improvement at Porcupine Gold Mines.
- Lead/facilitate teams to identify and eliminate bottlenecks and reduce delays/rework
- Work as a team leader for continuous improvement activities to ensure that process results are measured, monitored, communicated and controlled
- Work as a team member to analyze and present operating data for management or team decision making
- Support teamwork and promote use of standard procedures and policies and encourage the development of improved procedures, guidelines or standards
- Identify, analyze, prioritize and implement improvement opportunities based on their value and PGM business needs
- Update project databases and business systems to improve their accuracy and efficiency
- Benchmark business processes, reengineer and/or strengthen the processes where/when applicable
- Interpret, assess and resolve non-standard requests
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, finance, accounting, systems or engineering technology, operations management or a related field with application to our mining, processing, and resource-based business.
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma improvement and/or project management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mining operations, process or energy management, mechanical systems design, construction, and/or maintenance, or another closely related field
- Mining experience, familiarity with processing systems, dispatch, communications, equipment operations or maintenance considered an asset.
- Strategic and creative thinker who is exceptionally adept with quantitative analysis, able to interpret data and communicate ideas clearly
- Excellent business writing skills for day-to-day communications, bulletins, instructional materials, recommendations, presentations and performance reporting
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to use or learn MS Project, Visio, SAP, other mining/business systems
- Superior time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to function well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels and all positions within the organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, be an effective team player
- Confident public speaker
- Possesses a strong work ethic with high display of motivation and initiative
- Ability to facilitate, chair continuous improvement meetings, workshops with varied and multidisciplinary teams
- Ensure confidentiality in all company dealings
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, go to our website www.goldcorp.com/careers and enter Job Number POR00002710 to submit your application no later than June 8, 2019. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Canada Ltd. for Porcupine are now Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.