Contract • Timmins Region
The Ontario New Democratic Party seeks energetic and organized individual(s) with strong interpersonal skills to be part of our Voter Outreach Team during the pre-election and election period. Under the supervision of the Provincial Secretary and reporting to the Director of Field, this position is tasked with delivering the Ontario NDP message in person, door-to-door, and/or over the phone with a focus on reaching out directly to voters and accurately tracking their response. As a Captain you will be using your experience and skills to also mentor, train and lead volunteers doing voter outreach.
- Under the daily direction of the Riding Organizer (pre-writ) or the Regional Manager (writ-period)
- Work with the Field Director and other members of the field team to implement the NDP voter outreach strategy.
- As members of the Voter Outreach Team, you will have hands-on experience contacting voters door-to-door or over the phone to discuss the provincial election and persuade voters to vote for the Ontario NDP.
- Utilize voter contact lists provided by your Field Team Organizer or target riding Voter Contact Organizer.
- Collect and confirm data based on each individual conversation with voters.
- Work with Data Management team to ensure all technical requirements are met for data base tracking of voter contact results.
- Report and coordinate with the local target riding Voter Contact Organizer.
- Meet the individual and team targets set out for the Field team with respect to voter contact outreach in target ridings.
- Provide regular reports to the Field Team regarding Voter Outreach team progress.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated skill and recent success in consumer or voter outreach
- Previous experience in campaigns, door -to-door sales or telemarketing is an asset
- Experience with Data tracking systems such as NDPvote or Populus
- Ability to encourage, motivate and work well with volunteers
- Demonstrated skill and experience in recruiting, building, training and managing a team
- Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the Ontario NDP
- Excellent judgement, a polite, engaging and enthusiastic manner
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team dynamic
- Ability to take direction and initiative as appropriate
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- A driver’s license an asset
- Fluency in other languages preferred