Casual / Temporary • Timmins Region
Location: Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario & Surrounding Area
Job Type: Casual with Possibility for Part-Time / Full-Time
Closing Date: TBD
Waltco Construction is based out of Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario. The Company provides on-site support for infrastructure maintenance and development of hydro-electric facilities, processing plants, mine sites and other customer sites, both locally and remotely based.
We are a team driven business offering civil and mechanical services through the supply of Project Management, Skilled Tradespersons and General Labourers. Looking to expand our team, we are currently recruiting for Carpenter's / Skilled Labourer's who are experienced in indoor and outdoorindustrial building construction.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings to erect equipment / structures as required in customers' as built requirements;
- Measuring, cutting, shaping, assembling and joining materials made of various building supplies and materials;
- Operating various hand tools, power tools, and equipment used to complete carpentry and related construction activities. Tools used for measuring, cutting, fastening, and drilling;
- Assembling, erecting, and dismantling scaffolding, rigging, and hoisting equipment;
- Performing job duties in a safe, efficient and fiscally responsible manner;
- Coordinating with Supervisors, the required materials and resources needed to complete the project;
- Ensuring compliance and awareness of safety procedures.
- 3 years of carpentry (including concrete) experience;
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in carpentry and other civil construction works;
- Valid G drivers license with clean driving abstract;
- Knowledge of applicable building codes and applicable regulations is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of jobsite safety rules and requirements (Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act etc.) is considered an asset.
Waltco Construction would like to thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Information provided will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only and remain confidential.