CDSSAB - Resource Centre Clerk - Matheson, ON
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Under the general direction of the Ontario Works Program Manager, in accordance with CDSSAB policies and procedures and CDSSAB Vision & Values.
- Perform Resource Centre reception services including: telephone and in person inquiries
- Schedule appointments or refer clients as required
- Provide access to Labour Market Information
- Record statistical activities in Resource Centre
- Prepare monthly activity reports for Resource Centre
- Provide information and assistance on resume writing, interview skills and job search techniques
- Assist clients with Resource Centre tools such as computers, software, facsimile, and photocopier
- Provide service or information to meet the need of clients as identified
- Provide information on the programs and other agencies in the community as required
- Responsible for the equipment contained in the Resource Centre
- Provides clerical support to team
- Back up for other Case Aide Clerks
- Other related duties as assigned
For MTCU/EO offices in Cochrane, Iroquois Falls and Matheson:
- Promote and market specific interventions for funding under MTCU through Employment Ontario
- Provide information concerning services, programs and local labour market conditions to Employment Ontario clients
- Enter client data and other information in CAMS
- Office Administration Diploma with relevant job experience or a combination of education/experience acceptable to the employer.
- Relevant experience in the social services arena
- Excellent writing, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability in word processing and spread sheet software
- Working knowledge of the full range of programs delivered by the CDSSAB including; Ontario Works, Child Care and Social Housing
- Criminal Record Search
- Bilingualism in accordance with the French Language Services policy
- Confirmation of Full COVID 19 Vaccination
The Cochrane District Social Service Administration Board is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. The Board supports diversity in the work environment and ensures that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the diversification of our workplace are encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CDSSAB welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Full job description available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received in confidence by, Sue Chenier 500 Algonquin Blvd. E., Timmins, Ontario, P4N 1B7, telephone (705) 266-1201, via fax (705) 268-8290, or via e-mail email@example.com no later than May 20, 2022.