Clinical Application Analyst
Full-Time • Timmins Region
- Must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science or relevant Clinical Degree
- Certification with the Canadian College of Health Information Management (CCHIM)
- Formal training and experience employing application support methodologies and/or possess formal computer science training at a college or University level or willing to pursue further education and training in computer science.
- Knowledge of Ontario Case Costing Standards, Ontario Healthcare Reporting Standards, Quality Based Procedures, CIHI’s databases, DAD, NACRS, OMHRS, NRS and grouping methodologies: CMG, CACS, SCIPP and RPG
- Must have current experience with application development and support in a Meditech environment (PCS, OE, ORM, ADM, CWS, etc.); or recent experience implementing MEDITECH Expanse in a regional setting is strongly preferred
- Experience or formal training in project management tools and best practices are an asset; Must be able to manage several projects/tasks at one time;
- Demonstrated experience with Report Writers (e.g. Crystal Reports, WebI, SQL) and a strong understanding of databases;
- Computer programming experience is an asset;
- Good knowledge in the requirements gathering, analysis and design aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- Solid understanding of IT dependency, particularly in EMRs, and how IT is applied in clinical practices;
- Demonstrated ability to implement evidence/research findings in practice;
- Supports, promotes and embraces change with a commitment to continuous quality improvement and system enhancements;
- A minimum 5 years of solid application support experience, preferably within a healthcare setting working on a portfolio of applications.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain project schedules, documentation, communications and meeting deadlines;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully, effectively and with discretion with all levels of staff and management;
- Polished communication, presentation and training skills, with the ability to facilitate and lead 1:1 or group sessions for students, staff, physicians;
- Experience in implementing applications and introducing change to a department’s workflow;
- Proficiency with the MS Office productivity suite of software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project;
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset
Interested applicants must submit their résumé to Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment supporting diversity in our workenvironment to provide quality care where all feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building aworkforce reflective of the communities in which we live and serve and encourage Indigenous people, visibleminorities, and persons with disabilities to apply and self‑identify.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS