Community Awareness and Education Internship
Contract • Timmins Region
The Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District Inc. is committed to improving the quality of life for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia's, as well as offering a variety of programs and services to their family members and caregivers.
Community Development and Education Intern
The Community Development and Education Intern’s duties will include:
- Create, develop and implement awareness campaigns.
- The Intern will co-coordinate longstanding special events designed to increase public awareness of Alzheimer Disease and Other Dementia's. They will also be responsible for community educational booths, processing donations and some administrative duties in line with the above listed responsibilities.
- In addition, the intern may also assist with development of a Planned Giving Campaign for the fall of 2018
- Support for the First Link Program-one on one caregiver support, support groups and education are also a component of this position.
Required education and skills:
- A degree or diploma in the Social Service Worker Program. Graduates with a diploma or degree in Travel and Tourism and/or Accounting may also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, administrative and social media management skills
As this one year contracted position is funded by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC), the candidate must fall under the guidelines as stated in the NOHFC agreement. University or college graduate within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
The candidate must be a recent graduate of a post secondary degree or diploma. This position must be a 'first full-time employment' in the candidates field of study.
Please email your cover letter and resume with attention to Tracy Koskamp-Bergeron, Email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until March 30th, 2018 at 4 pm- via email ONLY.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This opportunity is proudly supported by: the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation