Community Health Care Coordinator
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000
Job Location: Chapleau, ON
The Community Healthcare Coordinator will provide leadership and direction in planning, organizing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating culturally relevant and safe health and wellness programs and services. These responsibilities need to be conducted in a manner that is respectful of diversity and in alignment with the community’s culture and traditions. The Community Healthcare Coordinator will also be responsible to coordinate intervention, directly or indirectly in emergency, trauma and crisis situations. The incumbent would need to communicate effectively with community members and partners about health opportunities and challenges in an informed and knowledgeable manner.
· Lead day-to-day supervision of health staff and contractors
· Coordinate all health, traditional and community programming offered by the Health Centre
· Ensure programs and services are in compliance with legislation and organizational policies and procedures
· Ensure financial management of programs and services including financial accountability and funding requirements
· Proactively seek out diverse funding sources to sustain health and wellness programs
· Prepare and monitor work plans, including reporting through regular and annual reports
· Respect cultural protocols and acknowledge and embrace the diversity of our knowledge systems
· Lead consultative processes regarding community health planning needs and opportunities
· Ensure emergency management, preparedness planning and/or pandemic planning is in place and well communicated
· Travel will be required
· May be required to respond to emergency situations
· One-year experience in healthcare management.
· A solid working knowledge of contribution agreements between First Nations and Federal/Provincial partners.
· A demonstrated competency in health management and/or business-related discipline.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Health-related field.
· A valid, unencumbered Class G driver’s license
· A clear Canadian Police Information Check (CPIC)