Comp#20-16 - Program Manager - Child Protection (Non-Union)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services is a not-for-profit child and family services agency offering services in a holistic manner to strengthen children and families in their own communities in the context of their unique cultural heritage.
POSITION: PROGRAM MANAGER OF CHILD PROTECTION (Non-Union Position)
LOCATION: Any District - with regular and frequent throughout the district
STATUS: Full-Time - 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Services and as a member of the service management team, the Program Manager is accountable for providing assistance to the Director of Services in order to carry out the day to day operations of a mandated child welfare agency. This position is responsible for ensuring that all programs and services contribute significantly to the achievement of the mission, vision, values, philosophy and strategic directions of Kunuwanimano
· BSW/MSW with previous child welfare experience within First Nations communities;
· Several years’ experience at the management level within a social service context;
· Experience in working with culturally appropriate service models for First Nations people.
· Completion of OACAS New Worker Training Modules preferred;
· Must possess a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s license, be willing to travel, able to work flexible hours and provide on-call services when required;
· Must produce clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
· Ability to speak a native language considered a major asset.
· Demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, decision making, planning, organizational,
· administrative and oral and written communication skills;
· Assists the Senior Manager in the delivery of Child Welfare and Prevention services, including Emergency After Hours Services, to the eleven (11) First Nations’ communities and all Aboriginal children and families within Kunuwanimano’s jurisdictional territory and ensures that services are consistent with and supportive of the relevant social and cultural contexts;
· Provides direction, support and supervision to a team of Program Supervisors and ensures achievement of service objectives and goals;
· Facilitates the development of effective working relationships with First Nations’ communities served by Kunuwanimano to ensure compliance with legislation and alignment with the agency’s service model, mission, vision and values;
· Consults Elders and other community leaders and members regarding community values and customs to ensure integration in planning and development processes in relation to new service initiatives;
· Assists in the development and implementation of community surveys and needs assessments and reports to the Director of Services on the findings and recommendations;
· Attends all internal Service Committee meetings, and has primary responsibility for regularly reporting on service issues, with support from Program Supervisors as required;
· Establishes effective partnerships with government, heath, other social service agencies and schools in support of enhanced collaboration aimed at the development of new programs and services;
· Ensures adherence to the standards set out in Kunuwanimano policies, protocols and procedures as well as the Child and Family Services Act, Ministry policies, standards, directives and guidelines, the Child Protection Standards in Ontario February 2007; Ontario Kinship Service Standards; and any other policies, standards, directives and guidelines as required;
Please refer to our website: www.kunuwanimano.com for posting details. A detailed job description is available upon request. Please quote the Competition No. in your cover letter and resume, and submit by email to HR@kunuwanimano.com, by fax to: 705-266-9122, or by mail to:
Kunuwanimano Child and Family Services
Attn: Human Resources, 401 Cedar Street South
Timmins, ON P4N 2H7
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please note that preference will be given to qualified First Nations and Aboriginal applicants. Please self-identify.
Thank you for your interest in our Agency. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.