Full-Time • Timmins Region
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario.
The Timmins West mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of Timmins, Ontario, one of the world’s most prolific gold camps. Mineralization is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt. The Timmins West mine is comprised of the Timmins deposit, the Thunder Creek deposit, and the 144 Gap deposit. All three deposits are interconnected by underground drifts.
We are currently recruiting for: Construction Miner
In this position, you will be responsible for installation of shot crete walls, installations/maintenance of ventilation and fans, installation/maintenance of all underground pumps and pumping systems, monitor and maintain all pipe lines.
Timmins West Mine – Timmins, Ontario.
- Previous experience is required
- Must be able to operate a jackleg and stopper
- Experience with concrete work, installation of timbers and specialized ground support, forming, vent doors, walls, refuge stations, and welding would be considered an asset
- Working at heights
- Practice good housekeeping
- Be committed to safety
- Basic UG Hard Rock Common Core is required
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Salary & Benefits
- Medical and Prescription
- Pension/RSP plan
- Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Eligible for Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
We thank all candidates for their interest in Lake Shore Gold; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.