Director of Corporate Services
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
The Canadian Mental Health Association - Cochrane-Timiskaming Branch (CMHA-CT) is a part of Canada’s longest standing mental health organization. The CMHA-CT is a non-profit charitable organization committed to promoting the mental health of everyone and to supporting the resiliency and recovery of those who experience mental illness and addictions through community-based services. CMHA-CT also creates awareness and understanding of mental illness and addictions in our communities through advocacy, education and campaigns.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Corporate Services (DoCS) is responsible for the strategic management and functional operations of the financial, statistical, human resources, organizational development, information technology, property management, contracts, legal issues, and risk and insurance for the CMHA-CT, and for ensuring that the design and operations of these areas of responsibility are aligned with the business objectives of the CMHA-CT.
As a member of the Senior Management team, the DoCS actively contributes to the overall management of the organization by providing guidance and direction in the development and implementation of strategies in support of the CMHA-CTs mandate.
- A university degree and/or postgraduate qualification in accounting or business administration;
- At least 5 years’ experience at a senior management level (preferably in a not-for-profit organization) with a record of success in human resources and financial management linking service delivery to strategic objectives;
Professional accounting designation is required (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA);
- A thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), especially those related to non-for-profit organizations;
A thorough understanding of audit processes and experience working with external auditors;
- A thorough understanding of human resources legislation (ESA, LRA, OHRC, Pay Equity Act, OHSA, etc.);
At least five (5) years experience in financial, budgeting, and human resources management;
Experience in a unionized environment would be beneficial;
Knowledge of the Pay Equity Act and experience with pay equity would be beneficial;
The ability to network and develop ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with all stakeholders;
Strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills;
- A motivated self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously as well as in a team setting;
A valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle for work purposes;
- The ability to communicate proficiently in both official languages would be an asset;
- We welcome applications from candidates of all diverse backgrounds and look forward to welcoming you into our inclusive and respectful work environment.
This is a permanent full-time non-unionized position.
We offer a comprehensive compensation program and the opportunity to work alongside a team of energetic and spirited employees who are committed to improving the lives of those who rely on us for support.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume focused on personal achievements relevant to the position to:
For more about the Canadian Mental Health Association – Cochrane Timiskaming Branch
and the important work we do, visit us at www.cmhact.ca.
Please advise Human Resources if you will require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to properly participate. We would be pleased to assist you.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity. We will contact those candidates who are invited to participate in an interview.