Contract • Timmins Region
Excavator Operator - 14/14 schedule, $33.00 per hour
The Excavator Operator is responsible for excavation of building foundations, bulk excavation and
loading of trucks for disposal, daily equipment checks and regular maintenance and following health and safety regulations.
· Operate heavy equipment machines - Excavators
· Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
· Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
· Employ safe work practices for themselves as well as crew members
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Through knowledge of production process
· Valid driver's license
· Minimum 10 years' operating Excavators, Dozers, and Loaders.
· Knowledge of shear and grapple attachments
· Experienced in all aspects of excavations.
· Working knowledge with reading plans and understanding of grades.
· GPS experience an asset
· Operation knowledge of front end loaders, dozers, skid steer loaders and other pieces of equipment is an asset.
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance and the ability to perform small repairs is also an asset.
· Experience in the field of demolition is definitely an asset
· Shift rotation — 2 weeks on/off
· Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots
· Hazards associated with the trade
PLEASE NOTE: Medical testing, criminal background check, and drug testing are required for this position.
Submit resume with Excavator Operator in subject line to: email@example.com