Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services (Contract)
Contract • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services
STATUS: Contract (13 months)
EFFECTIVE DATE: April 1, 2019
CAMPUS: Timmins (travel to other campuses required)
SALARY: $98,722 – 131,627/yr (Payband 13)
COMPETITION #: 19-06
STARTING SALARY: $98,722/yr
CLOSING DATE: January 25, 2019
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
The Executive Director, Community, Business Development and Employment Services is accountable and responsible for the strategic planning, leadership and direction of the Apprenticeship, Community and Corporate Training Division. The Executive Director and staff work in collaboration with each of the communities in the region to ensure access to learning opportunities and to partner in the economic and social development of the communities. In addition to being responsible for the operation and management of the Apprenticeship, Workforce and Training Departments and Employment Services college wide, the Executive Director Community, Business Development and Employment Services has responsibility for the oversight, development and delivery of non-postsecondary programs and services.
The Executive Director Community, Business Development and Employment Services ensures that departmental plans are aligned with the college’s overall strategic goals by participating as a member of the Senior Management Team.
• 4-year degree in Business Administration or equivalent
• 9 years’ experience in a leadership position which requires advanced visionary thinking, strategic planning and partnership building skills and abilities
• Financial experience in an environment that requires accountability for revenue targets
• Proven supervisory experience in a setting which promotes teamwork, respect for others and recognition for effective performance
• Negotiation, Leadership, conflict resolution and mediation skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Planning and budgeting skills
• Excellent organization, problem solving, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Highly resourceful and creative
• Strong research and proposal development skills
• Strong networking skills and knowledge of regional strengths and weaknesses
• In-depth knowledge of apprenticeship, employment services, post-secondary and other programs
• Well-developed judgement skills
• Strong multi-tasking abilities to successfully meet competing priorities
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.