Experienced Law Clerk/Legal Assistant - Civil Litigation and Family Law
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Experienced Law Clerk/Legal Assistant
Civil Litigation and Family Law
Meunier Carrier Lawyers is a newly established and reputable boutique litigation firm looking to hire an experienced full-time law clerk/legal assistant with a desire to grow with our company.
The firm provides a collaborative and friendly environment with the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of skilled lawyers on interesting and sophisticated civil litigation and family law related matters. Our firm strives to encourage development by challenging bright individuals to continuously learn and exceed their own expectations.
The ideal candidate will have experience in with the following:
- Interacting with clients, insurance company representatives and other lawyers to schedule appointments and exchange information
- Facilitating document and disclosure requests
- Drafting memos and pleadings, scanning, photocopying and binding materials, etc.
- Drafting correspondence, legal documents and memoranda, and complete conflict reports with direction from lawyers
- Preparing, compiling, serving and filing court documents in accordance with the Rules of Civil Procedure, Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, Family Law Rules and practice directions
- Entering dockets and processing accounts utilizing the firm's software
· At least three (3) years of experience as a legal assistant or law clerk
· Oral and written French and English language proficiency is an asset
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying strict attention to detail
· Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Kenneth Ciupka at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (705) 531-5505.