Finance Manager (Full Time)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The CDSSAB is seeking a Finance Manager, who is a seasoned accounting and finance professional. The ideal candidate demonstrates a strong work ethic, the ability to work under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and to handle multiple tasks.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be a key member of the Finance team. Working collectively with the team, your knowledge and experience will contribute to the overall success of the organization.
The Finance Manager will promote the Visions and Values of the CDSSAB, implement goals and objectives and support change management consistent with the strategic plan.
This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities and reporting requirements. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following duties and broad range of responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, lead and perform account reconciliations and journal entries for month-end close and quarterly and annual reporting
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and year-end working paper files
- Monitor accounting records and internal controls and procedures in accordance with department policy
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Support budget activities
- Oversee the supervision of accounting staff in AR, AP and payroll functions
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA – CA, CGA or CMA) required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management or senior accounting role or progressive experience leading to a senior role
- Highly proficient in Excel and proficient in other system tools
- Proficient in ACCPAC, and various financial management applications
- Knowledge of payroll and pension reporting
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Criminal records check
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CDSSAB welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act S.O. 2001, as amended, and will be used for the sole purpose of selecting a candidate.
Applications will be received in confidence by Sue Chenier, 500 Algonquin Blvd. E., Timmins, Ontario, P4N 1B7, telephone (705) 266-1201, via fax (705) 268-8290, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 3, 2019.