Front Desk Officer
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Salary Range: $20,000 - $40,000
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Officer
ORGANIZATION: Timmins & District Humane Society
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
In this quick-paced position at the Timmins & District Humane Society (TDHS), the Front Desk Officer is an important front-end worker and ambassador for animal welfare. This individual is responsible for various day-to-day tasks essential to TDHS operations as outlined below. This individual will be required to participate in the after-hours on-call rotation and work holidays, weekends, and/or overtime on occasion. A valid G licence and a driver’s abstract, as well a current criminal background check are required.
· Provides reception to the public, answering phones, responding to emails, filing and general clerical duties.
· Assists with animal control tasks as needed (stray pick-up, patrolling, issuing tickets). Also sells City of Timmins dog and cat licenses and maintains records.
· Coordinates pet adoptions.
· Assists the public with cases involving stray, lost, and aggressive animals; admits strays and animal surrenders; performs pound releases; admits sick animals for end-of-life procedures.
· Maintains an effective schedule / callback program for clients, animals, volunteers, donors, partners, and others.
· Participates in daily shelter cleaning and animal care responsibilities.
· Writes effective adoptable pet biographies, assists in managing the TDHS website and social media accounts.
· Assists with ordering supplies as necessary.
· Manages cash, invoices, POS machine, and bank deposits.
· Assists with coordinating animal transfers alongside the Executive Director.
· Responsible for ensuring all necessary information is inputted into the TDHS Database (tracking animal admissions, adoptions, pound releases, animal transfers, phone calls and messages, animal health assessments, medications prescribed, donations, city tags, and more.)
· Works alongside the Executive Director to assist with administrative tasks.
· Follows all Health and Safety policies and procedures set out by TDHS and reports all incidents to the Executive Director. Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations as well as Bill 168 (Ontario’s law on workplace violence and harassment).
· Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Has genuine compassion for animals.
· Must have education and/or relevant experience in animal care and animal handling.
· Must have education and/or relevant experience in areas of clerical, administrative, and/or customer service work.
· Must have a strong understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Must have excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written. French language skills will be considered an asset.
· Must be dependable, adaptable, honest, goal-oriented, and a quick learner.
· Ability to problem-solve and to work well under pressure is essential.
· Must have strong communication skills.
· Ability to succeed in a quick-paced work environment, to prioritize tasks, and to meet deadlines.
· Must have experience and skills in dealing with stressful, emotionally charged situations.
· Must have a desire to work alongside peers who share similar interests, as part of a team.
· Must not have allergies limiting or affecting exposure to animals.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Alicia Santamaria at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 705-264-3870. While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.