FULL-TIME CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (Financial Services Department) (Competition No.: FIN-2018-05)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
· Supervision of the Payroll and Accounts Receivable sections of the Financial Services Department.
· Maintain proper accounting records and a proper system of internal control for the City’s financial operations.
· Timely preparation of subsidy applications to Senior Levels of Government.
· Preparation of various Financial Reports and Information.
· Replace the Deputy Director of Finance and Treasurer in his/her absence.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· University degree in Commerce, Finance, Public Administration or Business or a related discipline.
· Professional accounting designation required.
· Minimum five years experience in a supervisory/management role.
· Municipal experience an asset.
· Proficiency in all Microsoft Office and financial management applications.
· Excellent oral & written communication skills.
· Dynamic and outgoing individual who is a team player.
· Current and clear Criminal Background Check
SALARY: As per the Non-Union Remuneration and Benefits Program
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the closing date of June 1, 2018.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Flr., Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER