FULL-TIME LABOURER (Public Works Department -- Roads – Pine Street) (Competition No.: PWE-2019-26)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Under the supervision of the Roads Supervisor, the Public Works Labourer will be expected to perform labourer tasks as well as operate machinery as assigned.
• Perform labourer work as assigned
• Operate various types of light and heavy duty equipment as assigned
• Perform shift work as required
• Applicants must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class DZ
• Grade 12 education or equivalency
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and ability to operate multiple pieces of industry related equipment
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Good knowledge of the names and locations of City streets
• Physical ability to perform medium to heavy category work
• Current WHMIS Certificate an asset
• Clear Driver’s Abstract required
Rate of Pay: $25.42/hr. (2019 rate) In accordance with CUPE Local 210 Agreement
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of December 13, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.