FULL-TIME MECHANIC (LICENSED) (Public Works Department) (Competition No.: PWE-2019-10)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
• Under the supervision of the Public Works Fleet Supervisor work with a team of proud trade persons to maintain municipally owned vehicles and equipment
• Work with a Computerized Maintenance Management System
• Identification and requisition of parts required for equipment repairs
• Required to work night shift during some seasonal activities
• Required to work some overtime hours during some seasonal activities
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalency
• Current Truck and Coach License
• Current Automotive Service Technician Certificate
• Heavy Equipment Mechanic License or experience in this field
• Must have knowledge of heavy equipment such as backhoes, dozers, loaders, graders, and air compressors
• Ability to rebuild components such as engines, transmissions, etc., and overhauling of equipment
• Must have knowledge of hydraulics, trouble shooting skills and ability to repair and overhaul hydraulic components
• Must have knowledge of hoisting and rigging
• Basic computer skills with the ability work with a computerized maintenance management system and electronic diagnostic equipment
• Minimum 5 years related experience
• Applicants must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License (D/Z would be an asset)
• First Aid and Forklift Certificates would be an asset
Classification: Mechanic (Licensed)
Rate of Pay: $32.08 (2019) In accordance with Local 210 CUPE Agreement.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of July 19, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.