FULL-TIME SERVICE PERSON (Shop) (Public Works – Pine Street) (Competition No.: PWE-2021-26)
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Fleet Supervisor/Planner:
- Service and do minor repairs to any City owned vehicles.
- Cleaning/ degreasing of equipment including, but not limited to: light duty, heavy duty and co-collection trucks.
- Shop cleanup and minor shop maintenance.
- Maintain record of service performed and report clearly and defective parts.
- Assist stockroom staff, as required.
- Assist licensed mechanics, as required.
- Ability to work shift work; early shifts, nights, and afternoons, including 8- and 10- hour shifts.
- Applicants must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class DZ
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Provincial certificate for tire installation required.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Experience in servicing of gas and diesel equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the operating and servicing function of the City’s equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and compile various reports is essential.
- Current WHMIS certificate required.
- Clear Driver’s Abstract required.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination mandatory.
Classification: Skilled Labourer
RATE OF PAY: $28.53 per hour (In accordance with CUPE Local 210 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 pm on the closing date of October 29, 2021.
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.