Geological Document Prepper
Contract • Timmins Region
Title: Geological Document
Company: Orix Geoscience Inc.
Industry: Exploration & Geological Services
Location: Timmins, ON
Type: Temporary Contract – Until End of February, 2019 (possibility of extension)
Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday 7:00am – 4:30pm)
Experience: 6 months to 1+ years of related experience or equivalent education
Orix Geoscience Inc. was incorporated on May 2012 and partners with exploration and mining companies to increase shareholder value by providing geological expertise and business strategy for grassroots, brownfields, and advanced projects.
Alignment of Personal Values with Orix Culture and Values
Orix actively hires and promotes individuals who are aligned with the company’s O-Code and demonstrate the following behaviours:
· RESPECT: You value each other’s points of views, treat everyone with politeness and kindness always, because being kind to people is not negotiable. You think good things about people and accept them as they are and you care about everyone’s feelings and well-being.
· Judgement: You make wise decisions (people, technical, business, and creative) despite ambiguity and identify root causes to get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically and can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do. You smartly separate what must be done well now, and what can be improved later.
· Communication: You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand processes. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing and treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you. You are able to maintain calm poise in stressful situations.
· Impact: You focus on great results rather than on the process and as a result accomplish amazing amounts of important work. To do this you exhibit a bias-to-action to avoid “paralysis by analysis” (you make a decision and run with it, rather than be paralyzed with over-analysis). You consistently demonstrate strong performance so colleagues can rely on you.
· Curiosity: You learn rapidly and eagerly and seek to understand our strategy, market, clients, and suppliers. You also contribute actively outside of your specialty.
· Innovation: You re-conceptualize issues to discover practical solutions to hard problems and challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted to suggest better approaches. As a result you create new ideas that prove useful. You also keep us nimble by minimizing complexity and finding time to simplify.
· Courage: You take smart risks. You are valued because you say what you think even if it is controversial and make tough decisions without agonizing. You question actions inconsistent with our values akin to the honor code pledge; “I will not lie, nor cheat, nor steal, and I will not tolerate those who do”.
· Passion: You are tenacious and inspire others with your thirst for excellence and intensely care for our success. You look to celebrate wins.
· Honesty: You are known for candor, directness and reputation to only say things about fellow employees that you will say to their face. You are quick to admit mistakes and what you have learned from them.
· Selflessness: You leave your ‘ego’ at home. You make time to help others and share information openly and proactively in support of strengthening your colleagues rather than being “indispensable”.
The individual should be energetic and have a positive attitude. Using their geological/mining knowledge, this individual will be preparing documents and maps for scanning, working with a 4?5 person team. The successful candidate will report to the on-site Geologist and/or Assigned Supervisor.
• Sorting, categorizing and preparing geological historical documents and maps for scanning.
• Troubleshooting minor equipment and/or software issues.
• Communicating with management and off?site software support via email, phone and/or Skype.
• Transferring (carrying) paper files (boxed) and maps from storage facility to scanning site.
Working understanding of
geological, geochemical, geophysical, mining and engineering
• Able to communicate proficiently in verbal and written form.
• Must be accurate and organized.
• Must be comfortable with asking questions
• Able to work within a team environment.
• Must be able to lift and carry full banker box of documents (approx. 50 lbs.).
• Mid?level abilities with Email, Skype, Excel and PDF software (Adobe Acrobat) to crop, rotate, insert pages and rename files.
• Previous experience working in an office environment is an asset.
• A quick learner who is able to meet timely deadlines.
• Exercise the utmost respect for the equipment, documents, and maps they will be handling.
• Punctual and reliable!
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Geological Document Prepper” in your subject line. *No phone calls please.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Orix Geoscience Inc. is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for accessibility needs are available upon request.
For additional information related to Orix Geoscience Inc., please visit www.orixgeo.com.