Contract • Timmins Region
?Northern Sun Mining Corp. is currently accepting applications for the contract position of Grinding Operator at the Redstone Mill.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Daily contact with junior and senior mill staff to review operations and problems arising throughout the grinding circuit including mill and offsite;
- Daily contact with the Production and Maintenance Supervisor to discuss maintenance requirements and problems to ensure minimal interruption to the operation;
- Responsible for following all legislated policies company procedures;
- Logs inspection and housekeeping reports of grinding circuit;
- Produces an hourly (or as needed) detailed chemical dosage report and shift report summarizing major events and production results;
- Conducts daily information exchange throughout the shift and their respected cross shift;
- Ensures all mobile equipment reports are completed prior to usage included but not limited to: 10 Mt and 5 Mt overhead crane, forklift, skid steer, scissor lift, man lift, loaders, etc.;
- Assists in accident/incident investigations and reporting when requested by the Mill Supervisor;
- Records time sheet every shift including the 5 point safety card system;
- Maximizes tonnage throughputs within the grinding circuit;
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Mill Supervisor.
- Minimum grade 12 education, post-secondary education in Mineral Processing or related field is highly regarded;
- Minimum 1 year of grinding experience is preferred;
- Mill Common Core with specialty modules U3359, U3360, U3371, U3377, U3393, U3399, U3401, U3404, U3407 and U3408 highly regarded;
- Sound knowledge of base metal processes;
- Computer literate (word and excel);
- Effective communication skills.
Please forward resumes to:
Northern Sun Mining Corp. OR Email: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources Fax: 705-240-6451
South Porcupine ON P0N 1H0