Haul Truck / Rock Truck Operators
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for Haul Truck Operators for work located at our client site near Timmins, Ontario. / Gogama On.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna Logistics is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
Successful candidates will have experience operating CAT 777 , 740 Haul Trucks, Rock Trucks (40-45T) and / or other articulating haul trucks in large earthworks construction /projects settings.
- Conducts pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments for all activities
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently to meet production targets
- Maintains equipment in good operating condition, reporting and logging maintenance requirements or concerns
- Complete production reporting and other documentation as required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members
- Previous experience operating above mentioned equipment in a road building, mining, and/or industrial setting
- Previous experience with rotational schedules and remote camp life
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven
- Incorporates HS&E concepts into work activities and demonstrates concern for others health & safety (co-workers, clients, and sub trades)
- Willing and capable of committing to a 2x2 rotation.
- Surface Miner CORE an asset. (Please submit copy with your resume).
Location: This is a site-based role based in Northern Ontario, Canada.
Shift / Rotation: 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out. 11.5 hour shifts.
Rate: Competitive hourly rate with overtime, comprehensive benefits, company rewards program. FLIGHTS COVERED
Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions.
Candidates may have to clear pre-access requirements such as criminal backcheck, D&A, Medical, and Covid-19 testing
Nuna is committed to the principle of employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Only those with previous experience working in heavy civil earthworks projects will be selected for interviews.