Health Records Transcriptionist - Casual
Casual / Temporary • Timmins Region
Position Summary: To transcribe dictated reports - Health Data Department
1. To transcribe all dictation from medical and professional staff from the designated areas of the hospital.
2. To verify the accuracy of transcribed reports.
3. To distribute transcribed reports and copies to designated areas.
4. To maintain privacy and confidentiality of all patient information in accordance with hospital policy and Personal Health Information Protection Act.
1. Must be willing to relocate to Timmins.
2. Must be a graduate of a Medical Transcription diploma (CanScribe Diploma) and possess proficiency in medical terminology.
3. Minimum of 2 years recent experience transcribing in an acute care environment.
4. Must possess strong accurate typing and transcription skills.
5. Must have knowledge of computers, especially transcription program (MRI and ITS Modules) and DVI dictation software.
6. Must have typing speed of 75 wpm.
7. Must have the ability to transcribe a minimum of 100-120 dictated minutes per day.
8. Must possess the verbal ability to understand the meaning and relationships of words and ideas associated with them to ensure proper use of grammar, correct spelling and knowledge of medical terminology.
9. Ability to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.
10. Must be flexible with shifts.
11. Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants must submit their résumé to: Department of Human Resources, Timmins and District Hospital, 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins, Ontario, P4N 8P2. Telephone (705) 267-6371; Fax (705) 360-6008; Attention: Kayla Kampman, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Timmins and District Hospital will provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WORKING TOGETHER WITH OUR PARTNERS TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF NORTHERNERS