Heavy Duty Mechanics - Off Road
Full-Time • Timmins Region
The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for an experienced Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic(s) with large earthworks construction projects experience.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
Nuna is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.
We require Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic(s) to join our team to work remotely at our work site located in Norther Ontario, Canada.
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of large off-road industrial equipment (haul trucks, dozers, loaders, excavators, packers, etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance, repair and service of smaller equipment when required – vehicles, generators, etc.
- Ability to take apart and put together heavy equipment after being shipped to site.
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and determine extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Service attachments and working tools
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
Qualifications /Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development Diploma (GED)
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Off Road) Trade Certification
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Red Seal)
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 years previous experience working on larger industrial heavy equipment used in the mining and earthworks industry.
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/SAP/ JD Edwards
- Previous experience working in Northern Canada.
- Competitive hourly rate with paid overtime at (1.5x), 12-hour days.
- 2w x 2w rotation (rotations may vary depending on worksite).
- Flights and Camp accommodations provided.
- Long term opportunity available
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate all who apply, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.