Full-Time • Timmins Region
Location: Canadian Operations Centre, Timmins, ON
Rotation: 5/2 Monday to Friday
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based at the Canadian Operations Centre in Timmins, ON, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Designer to join our Learning & Development team, reporting to the Learning & Development Superintendent.
The Instructional Designer will be responsible for the design and development of highly engaging learning resources and performance support solutions. As a highly service-oriented role, the Instructional Designer will work closely with subject matter experts, skill owners and other key stakeholders to ensure requests are reviewed, planned, developed and implemented efficiently and effectively.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Receives and logs requests for learning content into a centralized learning resource development tracking database (SharePoint);
- Performs instructional design for the development and delivery of e-learning, instructor-led and other learning resources and experiences in a consistent and reliable fashion;
- Researches relevant learning content from subject matter experts and create competency-based learning solutions;
- Schedules training for subject matter experts, skill band owners and learning evaluators as directed;
- Assists the L&D Superintendent with costs and budget controls for learning and content development;
- Assists the LMS Systems Specialist with content release schedule and coordination;
- Performs quality reviews / online validation on all content with SMEs, skill band owners and key stakeholders;
- Produce reports on various measurements and metrics of the learning resource development tracking database;
- Create change communication documents with direction from the L&D Superintendent.
Our ideal candidate has:
- College Diploma or University Degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in adult instructional design and development of e-learning learning resources;
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Articulate 360 products;
- Experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator;
- Competency-based learning knowledge and strong understanding of learning concepts and methodologies;
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels of an organization for the coordination of learning resource development;
- Ability and energy to manage a high volume of work in a dynamic workplace.
In addition, you will have:
- Strong organizational skills with a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive benefits package and on-the-job perks, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Group Benefit package
- Training and learning opportunities
Please go to www.kl.gold under the “Careers” section, build a new profile and submit your resume directly onto our website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of applicants; personal information provided will be used for recruitment and/or employment purposes only.
Should you be the successful candidate for this role, you will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department to schedule an interview.