Contract • Timmins Region
The Cochrane District Social Planning Council is offering a paid full-time one-year internship.
Some of the specific key duties and responsibilities that the intern will undertake during the internship are:
- Assist in the ongoing development of the Youth Wellness Hubs (YWH) in the Cochrane District outside of Timmins
Assist in the development of a hub model:
- Assist with the development and implementation hub model in various communities
- Researching and developing options for activities, ensuring youth involvement throughout the process
- Developing a guid book on steps to implementing and running youth hubs
- Work with CDSPC and YWH staff to support communities outside Timmins who may be interested in developing a local Youth Wellness Hub
- Becoming familiar with social enterprise and developing potential models.
- Other duties as assigned
The internship will take place between November 2021 and October 2022, with a projected start date of November 1st, 2021.
The position will be paid at $20 per hour on a 35 hour per week basis. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Candidate must have received their college diploma or university degree within the last three years.
- Have comprehensive computer expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare presentations, populate spreadsheets and databases and prepare professionally written reports.
- Able to manage multiple deliverables, simultaneously and on-time.
- Be able to work in a team environment to ensure coordination between organizations’ initiatives.
- Familiarity with the Timmins Youth Wellness Hub
- Ability to speak French will be considered an asset
- The CDSPC is seeking a candidate with a degree or diploma in: Marketing or Communications; Business/Non-profit Administration; Management; Community, Social, or Economic Development, or other related fields.
Resumé and cover letter, including references to be submitted no later than
5 p.m. on October 29th, 2021 to:
Executive Director, Cochrane District Social Planning Council
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY FEDNOR