Job Consultant/Job Developer
Full-Time • Timmins Region
POSITION TITLE: Job Consultant/Job Developer
STATUS: Full Time (35 hrs per week)
CLASSIFICATION: Support, Pay band H
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $ 31.37/hr to $36.42/hr
CAMPUS: Kirkland Lake
STARTING SALARY: $ 31.37/hr
CLOSING DATE: October 23rd, 2019
DIVISION: Community Employment Services (Community Disability Support Program)
COMPETITION #: 19-30
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Reporting to the Manager of Employment Services and Academic Upgrading, the Job Consultant/Job Developer is responsible for:
- Planning, implementing and monitoring all activities related to the college-wide Community Disability Support Program (CDSP) for severely disadvantaged individuals;
- Assisting disabled clients to obtain work placements leading to long-term employment;
- Referring, intake and assessment, advising, job development, marketing, matching, placement, data collection and reporting;
- Developing networking and case conferencing activities with other agencies as required; and
- Supporting the success of clients in all of the communities CDSP covers.
A detailed job description for this position is available from the Human Resource Services department.
The incumbent must possess:
- A two (2) year diploma or degree in Human Services or related field;
minimum of three (3) years of experience in:
- Career and employment guidance and counselling;
- Analysis and assessment of client needs and barriers, particularly clients with disabilities, is required;
- Employment workshop delivery and/or job placement;
- Effective communication and proficient computer skills; and
- Strong leadership skills with a visionary capacity and a commitment to positive community development.
The ability to effectively communicate in both official languages is an asset for this position. The incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.