Junior Fire Alarm Technician
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd.is one of the largest suppliers of Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, Security, Nurse call and Communications Systems in Canada. As an Edwards Authorized Distributor, Troy is a proudly Canadian, employee owned company with over 940 people in 28 locations coast to coast. An entrepreneurial company with a legacy of success, we pride ourselves on having a team of industry leading talent and an exciting plan for the future.
Our Timmins, ON team is looking for an enthusiastic entry level candidate who is looking to develop themselves further in the fire and life safety industry!
The Junior Fire Alarm Technician position is to provide a training environment for the development of technicians as they work toward attaining their full CFAA certification.
Nature & Scope
- Take direction from the on-site Fire Alarm Service Representative, supervisors, coordinators, and/or support staff as defined by company policies
- Perform duties of maintenance and inspections on fire alarm, fire extinguisher and emergency lighting systems where qualified to do so.
- Ensure that the highest standard of system reliability and client satisfaction are met.
- Complete work orders and report in a timely fashion
- Be responsible for learning and understanding applicable ULC Standards, Building Codes, Fire Codes, CSA, Canadian Electrical Code and other codes & standards which apply to their local areas.
- Provide onsite assistance to certified fire alarm technicians as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, G.E.D or equivalent working experience required.
- Must be registered in or have completed the CFAA Fire Alarm Technician courses.
- Two years of community college in electronics is desired, or enrolled in community college in an electronics program
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Organizational skills
- Must demonstrate neat and accurate report writing
Troy Life & Fire Safety Ltd. offers an excellent compensation package, including a comprehensive benefits program with paid sick time. Discover a company committed to ensuring an environment that fosters employee and corporate growth while providing financial success to both.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.