Casual / Temporary • Timmins Region
GFL Environmental is looking for a Labourer to support our Liquid lines of business out of our Timmins, ON site. The Labourer will be primarily responsible for assisting with general labour activities.
- Operate Pick-up truck, utility trailer, forklift, excavator, bobcat, etc.
- Operate Aerial boom lift/Scissor Lift as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of Tools and Equipment and Industrial Services Shop.
- Power washing and High Pressure Water blasting as required.
- Line snaking, Drain and Pipe Inspections as required.
- Industrial cleaning of chemical non-hazardous and hazardous wastes.
- Assist on Vacuum Trucks/plant operations as required
- Maintaining constant communication with the workers
- Provide confined space workers with fresh air packs and other personal protective equipment
- Provide non-entry emergency assistance when needed
- Monitor and be on the lookout for dangerous conditions
- Recognize signs, symptoms and behavioral effects that workers in the confined space could experience
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in a wide variety of physical labour
- Ability to complete strenuous and repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions
- A valid class G drivers’ license and clean abstract
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
GFL is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.