Full-Time • Timmins Region
QUALIFICATIONS: Provincial automotive technician licence or equivalent experience.
BASIC JOB SUMMARY: The technician is responsible for the actual servicing or repair of customer’s and dealership vehicles as assigned by service management or designated representative.
A. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: General
1. Maintain an appropriate level of personal grooming and hygiene.
2. Wear uniforms as specified by service management.
3. Arrive at work, take breaks, and depart work at the times designated by management.
4. Utilize a daily time ticket as instructed by service management.
5. Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare or integrity of the dealership.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
B. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Vehicle Repair
1. Professionally service and/or repair vehicles assigned.
2. Complete all work in accordance with the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
3. Document services and repairs completed by making appropriate notes showing “condition, cause and remedy”.
4. Document additional needed repairs showing “condition, cause and remedy”.
5. Use seat covers, fender covers and steering wheel covers as directed by service management.
6. Dispose of fluids and chemicals safely in accordance with established Dealer guidelines.
7. Maintain an inventory of standard automotive technician tools required to perform all services and repairs and which are not inventoried by the Dealership as “Special Service Tools”.
8. Utilize standard operating procedures to perform maintenance services as directed by service management.
9. Return customer’s vehicles as clean as or cleaner than they were prior to servicing.
C. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Training
1. Attend training courses as directed by service management
2. Review all applicable service bulletins and other technical publications.
3. Complete TU on-line TecSmart training courses as directed by service management.
D. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Quality Control
1. Test drive vehicle prior to service or repair.
2. Verify repair by operating repaired component several times.
3. Test drive vehicle after the service or repair is completed.
4. Complete the quality control inspection form when attached to the repair order.
5. Attach and complete a quality control inspection form when the customer complaint could not be duplicated and no repair was performed.
E. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Communication
1. Utilize control boards or system to obtain repair orders.
2. Utilize control boards or systems to communicate additional needed repairs to service advisors.
3. Utilize control boards to communicate completed repair orders to the next person working on the vehicle.
4. Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty claims.
Salary based on Experience
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to Trevor Proulx, Service Manager