Materials Testing Field & Lab Technician
Seasonal • Timmins Region
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP’s Timmins office is currently seeking a Materials Testing Field Technician to join their team. Reporting to the supervisor, the successful candidate will be joining a fast-paced group. This is a seasonal position which could lead to future full-time opportunities.
The successful candidate will spend their time both in the field on construction jobsites, and in the material laboratory completing construction materials tests. At each site, they could be involved in:
• Executing on site concrete tests which includes casting cylinders, slump test, and air content tests
• Perform soil compaction tests on various construction and mining sites
• Executing soil sampling and asphalt hot-mix sampling on site
• Some in-lab work, such as testing cylinders, gradation analysis, proctors, etc
• The technicians will interact with the on-site clients (contractors) to provide excellent service and a quick response to their testing needs
The Skills, Knowledge and Abilities We Seek
• Must be comfortable in the field on construction project sites
• Must have strong people skills, and ability to work with wide variety of staff and clients
• Must be able to communicate (verbally/writing) in English
• Ideally concrete/soils/asphalt testing experience would be advantageous
• Strong general math skills
• Diploma from an accredited Civil Technology program or equivalent
• Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license
What exp Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides professional, technical and strategic services related to the world’s built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice in northern Ontario. Today, close to 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America and around the globe provide the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com