Full-Time • Timmins Region
Our client, Makami Engineering in Timmins is seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
Makami Engineering Group Ltd. is a consulting engineering firm based in Sudbury, Ontario and provides the bulk of its services to industrial clients in Northern Ontario.
In this role you would provide the following:
· Application of regulations to area of expertise and ensuring compliance;
· Incorporation of safety and risk analysis into equipment designs;
· Perform engineering calculations;
· Ability to work with a minimum of instructions, complete tasks independently, make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters;
· Coordination with various people to allocate resources required for project implementation;
· Industrial site reviews and evaluations for design verification / implementation;
· Write and review technical reports;
· Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and conduct field reviews;
· Assume the role of project leader for smaller projects.
· Provide assistance with the drafting of proposals.
· Participate in designing plans, specifications and details based on guidelines and with assistance from a senior engineer.
· Support onsite construction work.
· Assign tasks to
technicians and designers as well as support staff and revise their work.
· Intermediate level experience in mechanical design, preferably 3-6 years;
· Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
· Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario, other provinces a benefit;
· Experience in mechanical engineering in the industrial or mining sectors
· Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, piping, stress analysis, dust collection, conveyors and other mining process equipment
· Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
· Project experience in mills, smelters, mines, industrial sites, infrastructure, refinery, material handling, pulp and paper is beneficial;
· Must possess a valid driver’s license;
· Must possess a team player attitude and be able to work in project team environment.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects at any given time and manage workload according to resources available, deadlines, etc.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one file by June 5th, 2020 at 4:30pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach the appropriate person:
- Your name
- Makami Mechanical Engineer-Timmins
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax, mail or drop-off applications please—and request that you do not phone.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Makami Engineering.