Full-Time • Timmins Region
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Mechanics Helper join our team.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
The successful person will be an energetic, self-starter who has experience in a shop setting with a mechanical background.
· Experience with heavy equipment repair an asset
· Welding experience
· Excellent listening skills
· Experience working under pressure and setting priorities
- Ability to handle up to 45kg (100lbs)
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility
- Satisfactory health, attendance and former employment history
- Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record as well as having a means of transportation
· Assist mechanic with repairs of fleet vehicles and heavy equipment
· Document circle checks and details of repair work orders
· Clean and maintain equipment and tools, assist with parts / materials inventory, stocking and general shop house keeping.
· Perform greasing and fluid top offs of mobile equipment
· Other duties as prescribed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time