Mill Production Engineer
Full-Time • Timmins Region
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Mill Production Engineer
Porcupine Mine – Timmins, ON
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for assisting the Mill Superintendent with all activities conducted in the Mill Department to ensure the most efficient use of manpower and materials, for monitoring processes to attain maximum efficiency, for ensuring safety and cost effectiveness, and for achieving overall environmental and corporate objectives of the operation.
- Provide input on strategy for the development of short and long-term plans for the safe, cost effective and efficient processing of ore.
- Work with Operations, Maintenance, Projects and Metallurgy on optimization and cost reduction initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze all key performance indicator data to identify focus areas for improvements.
- Monitor performance of mill equipment operation through reports, control procedures and site inspections.
- Promote the use of the Management of Change Process for all changes in the Mill department.
- Lead Cyanide Code Management program to ensure continued compliance.
- Prepare schedules and detailed strategies for shutdown work or changes in processes.
- Replace Mill Operations Supervisors and Mill Superintendent as required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or equivalent engineering degree. Must possess, or be eligible for, membership in Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- Minimum 5 years of mining or processing experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership role.
- Be technically competent and have a good understanding of key business drivers for mill processing.
- Have strong communication and people skills.
How to Apply
Please enter Job Number POR00002677 to submit your application(www.goldcorp.com/careers). Deadline to apply is May 24, 2019. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Canada Ltd. for Porcupine are now Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.